A growing global trend is to install surface or subsurface aerators in ponds or lakes that are less than 5m (15 feet) deep. Aerators provide the best vertical circulation to add dissolved oxygen to the water.
When a lake or pond loses its ecological balance, the effects or symptoms are readily apparent:
- Unsightly algae build-up
- Aggressive weed growth
- Unpleasant odor
- Depleted fish populations
If this water source is used to supply an irrigation system, the effects are compounded both functionally and aesthetically:
- Clogged sprinkler heads, valves and pumps
- Damaged turf
- Loss of water storage capacity
- Odors, fish kills and insect breeding
- Diminished aesthetic appeal
OUR AERATING FOUNTAINS should not be confused with floating fountains. These surface spray aerators are engineered to provide results, and although they create attractive displays selection should be based off their performance when desiring the benefi ts of aeration.
A unique mixed fl ow pumping system delivers aeration when you need it, while stainless steel and high intensity thermal plastic construction will stand up to effl uent and brackish water conditions. Offering both function and beauty; these units operate in as little as 75cm of water and all of the spray patterns in the 1-5HP line are interchangeable.
Perfect for any golf course, commercial complex, park or backyard landscape, the beauty of Aerating Fountains can be taken from day to night with the addition of our MR16 4-light low voltage Fountain GloTM lighting system.
With the addition of dissolved oxygen into the water and the resulting convection patterns that reduce stratification, aeration systems impacts three factors:
- Oxygen: aerating the water encourages aerobic digestion of nutrients by adding oxygen, which significantly reduces sediments/sludge build-up.
- Nutrients: potentially harmful nutrients are kept in ecological balance through oxidation and de-stratification.
- Temperature: mixing warmer surface and cooler bottom water with dissolved oxygen breaks down stratification to further enhance the ecological balance of adding carbon dioxide at lower levels.
Available in 1, 2, 3 and 5 hp and 9 different patterns. aerating fountains are designed to improve water quality as well as be aesthetically pleasing.