A growing global trend is to install surface or subsurface aerators in ponds or lakes that are less than 5m (15 feet) deep. Aerators provide the best vertical circulation to add dissolved oxygen to the water.
When a lake or pond loses its ecological balance, the effects or symptoms are readily apparent:
- Unsightly algae build-up
- Aggressive weed growth
- Unpleasant odor
- Depleted fish populations
If this water source is used to supply an irrigation system, the effects are compounded both functionally and aesthetically:
- Clogged sprinkler heads, valves and pumps
- Damaged turf
- Loss of water storage capacity
- Odors, fish kills and insect breeding
- Diminished aesthetic appeal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS DO MATTER, and that is why we designed the Giant Fountain line. This product is often specified by landscape architects for premier locations whenever a dramatic focus to a water feature is desired.
The Super Nova can throw water an impressive 27m while the Triad offers a beautiful fan like pattern that looks dazzling when lit at night. Resorts, amusement parks, and corporate headquarters select these systems throughout the world based on their beauty, versatility and quality.
The unit is manufactured from corrosion resistant materials and has a unique screening system that allows debris to be cleaned without taking the unit from the water. Once installed the high-density polyethylene float can easily be adjusted to minimize float visibility in the water.
Giant Fountains feature an all inclusive 2-year warranty.
With the addition of dissolved oxygen into the water and the resulting convection patterns that reduce stratifi cation, aeration systems impacts three factors:
- Oxygen: aerating the water encourages aerobic digestion of nutrients by adding oxygen, which significantly reduces sediments/sludge build-up.
- Nutrients: potentially harmful nutrients are kept in ecological balance through oxidation and de-stratification.
- Temperature: mixing warmer surface and cooler bottom water with dissolved oxygen breaks down stratification to further enhance the ecological balance of adding carbon dioxide at lower levels.
Available in 10, 15, 25 hp and 5 different patterns.
Model: SUPER NOVA