A growing global trend is to install surface or subsurface aerators in ponds or lakes that are less than 15 feet (5m) deep. Aerators provide the best vertical circulation to add dissolved oxygen to the water.
When a lake or pond loses its ecological balance, the effects or symptoms are readily apparent:
- Unsightly algae build-up
- Aggressive weed growth
- Unpleasant odor
- Depleted fish populations
If this water source is used to supply an irrigation system, the effects are compounded both functionally and aesthetically:
- Clogged sprinkler heads, valves and pumps
- Damaged turf
- Loss of water storage capacity
- Odors, fish kills and insect breeding
- Diminished aesthetic appeal
Constructed from stainless steel, thermal plastics and a rugged low speed motor these systems are built to withstand the demands of severe aquatic environments. Providing over 1.5kg of oxygen per horsepower hour and over 198m3/hr, the High Volume unit is the most powerful aeration system available on the market for water management.
Each of our Industrial Aerators can operate in as little as 1m of water and are supported by a comprehensive 3-year warranty. These systems provide unique solutions to managing water quality, from low profi le patterns to horizontal mixers and can be used in a variety of applications including; wastewater treatment facilities, marinas, mining operations, food processing, and of course golf courses using effluent water.
For those desiring a decorative display with added aeration, we recommend combining Industrial Aerators with our Aerating Fountains.
With the addition of dissolved oxygen into the water and the resulting convection patterns that reduce stratifi cation, aeration systems impacts three factors:
- Oxygen: aerating the water encourages aerobic digestion of nutrients by adding oxygen, which significantly reduces sediments/sludge build-up.
- Nutrients: potentially harmful nutrients are kept in ecological balance through oxidation and de-stratification.
- Temperature: mixing warmer surface and cooler bottom water with dissolved oxygen breaks down stratification to further enhance the ecological balance of adding carbon dioxide at lower levels.
Available 1, 2, 3 and 5 hp. sub-surface units are designed to work in settings where no fountain feature is desired.
Model: High Volume
Model: Triton Aspirator
Model: Sub-Triton Aspirator